Located on 12 Rua São Francisco in the centre of Funchal and set within the iconic Blandy’s Wine Lodge, 1811 Bistro & Wine Bar is Blandy’s newest development.
1811 Bistro & Wine Bar is based on a concept of excellence in food and wine pairing, and pays homage to the family’s history being that 1811 was the year that the wine company was established.
With enough room for 46 people, the 1811 is an intimate location where you can enjoy wine by the glass or by the bottle, paired with a wide selection of petisticos (Portuguese tapas) or set dishes. You can enjoy the express menu at lunch or order the 5-course wine pairing dinner served with either wine from Portugal or Madeiran wines. From 18h30 onwards, sit outside in the patio and enjoy the atmosphere in the heart of a working wine lodge with a glass of wine, or by having a candlelit dinner.
Restaurateur Roberto has hired a young and dynamic team that will take you on a gastronomic tour of Madeira and beyond.
- A selection of over 250 wines from Madeira, Portugal and abroad.
- 25 wines served by the glass (not including Madeira wines)
- All Madeira wines served by the glass, including the renowned Blandy's 1920 Bual.
- 30 minute express lunches for those at work.
- Have your whole dinner paired exclusively with Madeira wine.
- Try our "Laboratory" - a monthly menu of unlikely combinations prepared by our chefs.
- A wide selection of DOC hams and cheeses from around Portugal.
- Wine dinners hosted by world renowned Portuguese wine producers (sign up to our newsletter for updated information)
- Languages spoken: Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, German and Russian.
Monday: 10h00 - 18h00
Tuesday - Thursday: 10h00 - 22h00
Friday: 10h00 - 23h00
Saturday: 10h00 - 13h00 / 19h00 - 23h00